My husband and I purchased 2 reclining sofas in February 2015 from Ashley furniture. Like fools we purchased a 5 yr protection plan.

The mechanism to recline on one of the sofas broke within probably 6 months. I called, had a person tell me they would call back. they never did, life continues on and I didn't call back. My husband died a year ago and I'm finally getting things back in order, and decided to make the claim again, because we didn't get it fixed.

I just made a call to file another claim, and because I was honest in telling her how long it had been broke, I was told they would not repair it. She had no information that I had filed a claim before. She said I should have called Ashley furniture to make the claim before. I did and they gave me this companies number to make the claim, which I did.

They were supposed to call me back and they didn't! Supposedly now my claim is too late and my protection plan doesn't cover it. It shouldn't matter when the defect showed itself WITHIN THE FIVE YEARS.

I might as well have flushed $200.00 down the drain. Ashley Furniture basically ripped us off too, if they use this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gbs Enterprises Furniture Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Fix my sofa or give me a full refund of the protection plan cost.

Comments